Friday, August 7, 2020

Reverse Dewey Readathon August 2020

It's time for another Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon! August is the much chiller Reverse Readathon, where we just kick back, read, and ignore all responsibilities. It's the relaxed stepchild of the Dewey 24 Hour Readathon, which is held twice a year and we go all out. This time is to  humor people on my side of the planet so it starts at 5:00 PM Pacific Time. It is much easier for me to be up then that at 5:00 AM.
Since I'm old I probably won't go for the whole 24 hours. I just want to get some big books finished. My son is tapped to cook, I have snacks, so let's start READING!


There's a BINGO card I'll be checking and I'll tweet out books as I finish them. And I'll update here during the day, since that way I can check my progress next year. Ready?

START:
8/7: Friday!

17:00:

I throw together this blog post. Also I spread out all my books on the floor, blindfold my son (hard, he's six foot) and spin him around until he picks out my first book. It's BINGO time, people!

Opening Survey!

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Renton, near Seattle, Washington, USA
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Catfishing in Catnip
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Fresh cherries!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I like reading. And I should have slept more last night. I'm 52.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I want to finish some things! I've done several of these.

18:00:

I get to host a Goodreads Question! I'm Hour 2 and Hour 7.

23:00

 Tooth and ClawA Long Time Until NowBlack Leopard, Red WolfCatfishing on CatNet (CatNet #1)Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plants

So far I've read from: 
  • Tooth and Claw (Jo Walton)
  • A Long Time Until Now, Michael Z. Williamson
  • Black Leopard, Red Wolf, Marlon James
  • Catfishing on Catnet_, Naomi Kritzer
  • Braiding Sweetgrass, Robin Wall Kimmerer (audio)
I've eaten dinner and cherries. 

2:00 AM Saturday

Catfishing on CatNet (CatNet #1)Black Leopard, Red WolfA Long Time Until NowBraiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of PlantsA Stone Sat Still

  • Catfishing on Catnet_, Naomi Kritzer
  • Black Leopard, Red Wolf, Marlon James
  • A Long Time Until Now, Michael Z. Williamson
  • Braiding Sweetgrass, Robin Wall Kimmerer (audio)
  • A Stone Sat Still, Brendan Wenzel (picture book)
I had a lot of fun with Catfishing, but I'm supposed to finish Black Leopard by 5:00 PM today. It's not looking good. I read the picture book so I'd manage to finish something!

12:00

Black Leopard, Red WolfAmelia Rules! Volume 3: Superheroes (Amelia Rules! #3)Heavy: An American MemoirBraiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plants

  • Black Leopard, Red Wolf, Marlon James
  • Amelia Rules: Superheroes, Jimmy Gownley
  • Heavy, Kiese Laymon
  • Braiding Sweetgrass, Robin Wall Kimmerer (audio)
I switched to the graphic novel while folding laundry. And I fell asleep a bit after 3:00 and woke up just after 9 AM, so I went back to work on Black Leopard Red Wolf when I remembered that I also have to read Heavy and I have a chance at finishing that one.

17:00

Catfishing on CatNet (CatNet #1)Black Leopard, Red WolfHeavy: An American Memoir

  • Catfishing on Catnet_, Naomi Kritzer
  • Black Leopard, Red Wolf, Marlon James
  • Heavy, Kiese Laymon Finished!

1 comment:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Good luck! I hope you get a little reading done. Enjoy the cherries, too.