Saturday, April 30, 2022

April Readathon

readathon3_lg


I am signed up for the  Dewey 24 Hour Readathon! Sadly this year I have places to go and things to do, so I'll barely be able to participate, but I'll take any excuse to put off chores and read!

5:00 Start:

Not this year -- I have to be driving and want to be alert.

8:30 Awake 

I read some picture books and then realized my morning walk was canceled and it was raining, so I was available to run some errands with my mom. 

* Exclamation Mark, Amy Krouse Rosenthal & Tom Lichtenheld
* Rosie Revere, Engineer, Andrea Beaty
* Peanut Butter & Cupcake, Terry Border
* In Plain Sight, Richard Jackson

Reading time: 30 minutes.

9-11 AM.  Errands for my Mom and Kids.

I managed to squeeze in some audio reading here. Also touched:

* The Curse of the Mummy, Candace Fleming (finished)
* Heat, Mike Lupeca
* Red Hood, 

12:00 (noon) - 3 PM. Reading Again

* Raise the Titanic, Clive Cussler
* Across the Green Grass Fields, Seanan McGuire 

3 PM - 9:00 PM Zoo Adventure

I was invited to a behind-the scenes tour at the zoo, where I learned about the Orangutan breeding program, the penguin policies, and a butterfly rescue. Cool stuff!

During part of the drive I listened to Night Broken

9:00 PM - 1 AM

OK, home and ready to read some more

  • Finished Raise the Titanic. Hmm. It needed more Dirk Pitt; the other guys had me rooting for the Russians.
  • Three Keys, Kelly Yang
  • Pandora's Star
  • Forging a Nightmare
  • Chernobyl
  • Vampire Trinity

1:00 AM

I'm tired and I'm going to fall asleep.


No comments: