Saturday, June 27, 2009

Witch Mountain

A few ages ago the kids and I went to see the new Witch Mountain movie. In anticipation we had watched the old movies, and I had given Alexander my copy of The Forgotten Door. But I've somehow lost my copies of the original books, and for some strange reason they haven't been reprinted with new covers. Humph. So I ordered Escape to Witch Mountain from the library and it finally appeared.

Tia and Tony were as good as I remembered, and I enjoyed recognizing the parts that my memory had overwritten with the movies. Alexander Key writes fun psychic kid books, which is a genre I almost always enjoy. I hope I can keep my library copy until the boys come home.

I just rechecked amazon, and in August the original book will be reprinted (with pictures of the new kids). So that's all right, then.

No comments: