- Emmy and the Home for Troubled Girls, Lynne Jonell
- Dragonbreath: No Such Thing As Ghosts, Ursula Vernon
- The Dragon Princess, E.D. Baker
- Nurk, Ursula Vernon
- The Littlest Pirate King, Peter B
There's a clear pattern -- I'm going for low-hanging fruit in my continuing quest to clear out my library pile. These are all kidlit. What am I reading right now? A lot.
- Toby Alone, Timothee de Fombelle (challenge book)
- The Last House-Party, Peter Dickinson. From my shelves.
- Keeper, Kathi Appelt. From the next library shelf.
- Nowhere to Run, C.J. Box. Tragically, this is set in Wyoming, about the only western wilderness state I already have.
- I Now Pronounce You Someone Else, Erin McCahan. Cybils YA book, but so scary I can only read a few pages a day. She's now engaged, planning her wedding for the summer after graduation.
- Buffy, Ballads, and Bad Guys Who Sing, ed by Kendra Leonard. Essays on music in the Whedonverse. My finisher award book.
- Dakota Ambush, by William Johnstone. I found it!!! Right where we looked a dozen times.
- Born To Run, by Christopher McDougal. On my NOOK
- and a bunch of books I'm poking at but not really making progress with.
What will I read next? I'm working the next pile of almost-due library books. I think I'm almost done recovering from my early summer spree, since all summer is about the limit for checking out books. I think I'd like to stabilize around twelve books out, so I have options but aren't always racing the due dates. Onto my challenges:
A-Z: 43/52. Picked up the "J" author.
Cybils: 58/76. And I'm reading one more right now, the very frightening young wedding book.
Global Reading Challenge:12/21. Hmm, this one clearly needs work.
Read Around the World: 21/20. Done!
Science Book Challenge: 3.141/3.141... Done! And hey, Switch is sorta science. I should add that.
Stream: 3/3, 1/3, 3/3, 3/3. I have to figure out how to register myself as done.
Take a Chance: 7/10. I have Room out for this. Haven't read it yet, though.
20/11: 20/20. Done!
What's In a Name?: 6/6. Done!
Where Am I Reading?: 28/50. Found the Dakota book! Now I just have to read it.