Friday, October 14, 2011

Sick Days on Library Days

Renton Library
This Thursday library day looked doomed.  Two kids were home sick, one was in disgrace, and I was cranky.  But my holds called me, so I tried to sneak in on the way home from school with one kid, which made me so late I almost missed the pickup for another kid.  But I got my books and I got some reference material for an overdue school project.  And I forced that kid to at least watch me in research action, even if I didn't manage to make him attack the computers (or the reference librarians) himself. (Or write the report, so far.)

On the brighter side, most kids were off school today, so the ten year olds and I made a pilgrimage to the nearest Seattle Public library, since King County had neglected to purchase a book on my TBR list.  Slackers.

Due to a mainly musical disaster (last week everyone wanted to pick out several CDs) as well as the research books, my library list has ballooned to 58, although I have not aged accordingly.  Oops.  And I just realized I forgot to check out the next batch of Reading My Library books, so things will so get even worse.  La la la.  Oh, this is actually two weeks worth of books; I never got around to writing up last week's picks:
  • Archangel's Blade, Nalini Singh.  Looks like this goes back to a paranormal romance format, with a new couple instead of continuing with the power struggle of the previous Archangel books.  Hmm.
  • Absolutely American: Four Years at West Point.  David Lipsky.  From my TBR list.  I'm currently getting books from about 18 months back, so I can't remember anything about how they landed on that list.  I hope I knew what I was doing last year.
  • The Puzzling World of Winston Breen, Eric Berlin.  Because I enjoyed his other book.
  • Pluto Confidential.  Steven Maran.  Another TBR list pick.
    Marg at The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader and Clare from The Captive Reader take turns with the linky for Library Loot. That's where all us library lovers go to compare our hauls for the week.

    No comments: