Remember our brave new plan of visiting our favorite bakery on library days? Well, fate mocks us -- they have new closing hours that deny us our treats, unless I somehow start remembering to go on my way to pick up the kids from school. That should take me a few weeks. Oh well, we had fun at the library anyway, especially during the hilarious mix-ups when the boys couldn't tell whose library number was whose.
I have managed for my third week to have my library list equal my age, so again I limited myself to my holds, and then had P pick two CDs to bring me to 43. He scrupulously kept his eyes shut for the selection process. Oh, this is actually two weeks worth of books; I never got around to writing up last week's picks:
- Boiling Point, K.L. Dionne. I need more South American Novels.
- Reckless, Cornelia Funke. Another Cybils book. I have this out on paper and on my NOOK, I wonder which I'll get to first...
- Emmy and the Rats in the Belfry, Lynne Jonell. Third in the series.
- The Vampire Defanged, Susannah Clements. More literary vampire writing.
- Don't Be Such a Scientist, Randy Olson. More from the TBR list.
- Scrawl, Mark Shulman. Another Cybils book.
The music was a Meatloaf CD and something with two CDs that I forget. Last weeks music included the new KidzBop 20 CD as well as some Parental Guidance stuff that I liked but couldn't quite share with the kids. Maybe KidzBop will cover Robyn's "U Should Know Better." Marg at The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader and Clare from The Captive Reader take turns with the linky for Library Loot. That's where all us library lovers go to compare our hauls for the week, and now that I've written mine up I can go see what beauties other readers have brought home.