Friday, August 31, 2012

What I Read On My Summer Vacation

http://www.flickr.com/photos/barockschloss/3569109923/lightbox/
BarockSchloss CC License
Apparently, if I skip one day, then I skip them all. And then I stop posting altogether.

I did manage to start a book a day during my summer vacation, but I didn't finish them all. Actually, I probably did finish a book a day, but since I also kept reading other things, they weren't all from my unread bookcase. And often I finished late enough that I didn't take extra time to post.

But I do like my little blog, so I'm going to try to start updating again. To clear my head, I'm starting off with all the summer books I read without telling the world:
  • North Winds Blow Free, Elizabeth Howard.
  • Fossil Identifier, S. Weidensaul.
  • Penny Goes to Camp, C. Haywood.
  • The Other Side of Truth, Beverley Naidoo.
  • Dr. Dolittle's Zoo, Hugh Lofting.
  • Farewell To Manzanar, Jeanne Wakatsuki Houston.
  • The Trouble With Magic, Ruth Chew
  • Friends Around the World, Clara Baker.
  • Return From Witch Mountain, Alexander Key
  • Black and Blue Magic, Zilpha Keatley Snyder.
  • The Best Halloween Ever, Barbara Robinson.
  • Ellen Tibbitts, Beverly Cleary.
  • Magic Tree Hous Fact Tracker #1: Dinosaurs, Will Osborne.
  • The Clue of the Dancing Puppet, Carolyn Keene.
  • Lawn Boy Returns, Gary Paulsen.
  • The Dragon of Lonely Island, Rebecca Rupp.
  • Sideways Arithmetic From Wayside School, Louis Sachar.
  • The Ghost Belonged to Me, Richard Peck.
  • Three Stuffed Owls, Keith Robertson.
  • Esperanza Rising, Pam Munoz Ryan.
  • The Cow-Tail Switch, Harold Courlander.
  • Turn Homeward, Hannalee, Patricia Beatty.
  • United Tates of America, Paula Danzinger.
  • Taken At the Flood, Ken Catran.
  • The Woodshed Mystery, Gertrude Warner.
The books I started but haven't actually finished yet are:
  • Tales From Silver Lands, Charles Finger
  • Pinky Pye, Eleanor Estes.
  • Rufus M., Eleanor Estes.
  • The Tunnel of Hugsy Good, Eleanor Estes.
  • Ecstasia, Francesca Lia Block.
  • Bob, Son of Battle, Alfred Ollivant.
  • Tricksters, Margaret Mahy.
  • Tessie, Jesse Jackson.
  • Puddleby Adventures, Hugh Lofting.
  • The Avion My Uncle Flew, Cyrus Fisher.
  • The Eye of the Warlock, P.W. Catanese.
  • Redskin and Cowboy, G. A. Henty.

No comments: