Saturday, July 26, 2014

Fresh Beginnings (No Endings!)

Image of Renton
I forgot to take a picture of my new home libary, but I did go there today, and I got some books.

This back-up library (my main library is being renovated) is small and intimate. I'm forcing my kids to do the library Teen Challenge this summer, so I dragged them over to introduce themselves to a librarian (one of the "badges"). We also determined that the library floor will not open to hide mortally embarrassed teens, no matter how hard they wish. Win win!

I picked up a few things from the hold shelf, and lucked into a copy of Charlaine Harris's new book:

Mrs. Pollifax and the Second ThiefMidnight CrossroadChasing ShackletonThe Return of Zita the Spacegirl

I just finished the audio to the Pollifax book on the road home, but I'd like to skim the pages since I missed some stuff dealing with the passengers while listening. Both boys were delighted to see the Zita, and I think have finished it already.

I also pulled some digital books from the library this week:

Concealed in DeathDivergentThe Princess Bride

The Princess Bride is really for my younger son, since I've lent out our copy, and after a false start on the fifty pages of introduction, he seems to enjoy it.

So this week I had some books planned out. Again, sadly, these have nothing to do with my new books. Instead I'm concentrating on my recs from my book club and anything the library wants back soon:

Friday: Mrs Pollifax and the Second Thief  (finished)
Saturday: Escape From Mr Lemoncello's Library (library wants this back)
Sunday: Skin Dive (library wants this back)
Monday: Gregor the Overlander (school book club rec)
Tuesday: Indigo Springs (library wants this back)
Wednesday: Love, Stargirl (School book club rec)
Thursday: Divergent (library wants this back, school rec, and my son is reading it so I have to catch up)


The Marriage Bureau for Rich PeopleReading in the WildA Web of AirDivergent

badge-4 I'll go sign in to Library Loot which is at Silly Little Mischief this week to see what everyone else is getting.  Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Linda from Silly Little Mischief that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. 

No comments: