Friday, August 15, 2014

The Visibility Is Good

This is my regular library. I think they are not quite finished with the remodel yet. So I went back to my temporary one.

This week's drama centered around the House of Anubis marathon my nephew has embarked upon. Good News -- 2nd half of Season 2 came in last week. Bad News -- the discs were so scratched they couldn't be played. Good News -- 1st Half of Season 3 came in this week! Bad News: Well, they thought it came in, but somehow it disappeared from the hold shelf. Good News: Nephew refuses to watch out of order anyway! Bad News: We have put a new hold on Season 2, Part II. Good News: The librarian thought he was cute and moved him to the front of the list, since he had shown them the damage on the one they gave him. So, happy nephew, although I'm really hoping we get through this before school starts since he doesn't really need extra distractions.

I had a book on my hold shelf that wasn't mysteriously missing, and I picked up one delicious looking book from the Temptations shelf out front. Also I found a fun looking picture book:
MoondayI'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill YouAunt Dimity and the Lost Prince

Summer is still going, so I'm still doing my start-a-book-a-day. (I don't finish a book a day, so my currently-reading stack is ENORMOUS.)  I'm going to make a real effort to read down my library shelf, maybe get it below ten books waiting for me. So this week again is mostly library books:

Friday: Animorphs: The Invasion (for Sword & Laser Kids book club)
Saturday: Delilah Dirk and the Turkish Lieutenant (library book, Cybils)
Sunday:  Protector (library book, for fun)
Monday: About That Night (my book -- ARC)
Tuesday: The Missing, (library book, for fun)
Wednesday: Rogue (my book)
Thursday: Affliction (library book, for fun)

But really I won't get that far because when I finish Games of Command on my NOOK I'll start the next-due library ebook the next day, so Games of Command will push some of these choices down a day.

badge-4So I currently have 42 books out on my library card, which is better than last week. And one is a picture book!

 I'll go sign in to Library Loot which is at The Captive Reader this week to see what everyone else is getting.  Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Linda from Silly Little Mischief that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. 

No comments: