Friday, October 16, 2015

Stocking Up For a Readathon

As I walked into the library, I saw the librarian just finishing restocking the QuickPick/new paperback section with all the new books they bought this month. Woot! When the universe talks to me, I try to listen. And I assume the universe will also provide me with my own pocket universe of extra hours to read these books in.

I also had to go pick up some holds I had that were about to expire.  They had even sent me the "your holds are about to expire" email, but I resisted coming in early because it is never good for me to have books with due dates on all the days of the week. It's bad enough I check out enough books for a month each week; I don't need to do that daily.

The hold shelf five good looking books:
Twin SpicaStation ElevenSilver CityMischief and MistletoeLulu Walks the Dogs

Twin Spica, Ko Yagimuma. I was reading this manga series a while back, and I want to continue it.

Station Eleven, Emily St. John Mandel. My Friday book club is reading this.

Silver City, Cliff McNish. This is from the first Cybils shortlist, back before I was doing my Cybils Challenge.

Mischief and Mistletoe. I enjoyed the Joanna Bourne book last week, and I like Putney and the Wenches in general, so I got this.

Lulu Walks the Dogs, Judith Viorst. The last Lulu book for me -- word on the street is that there will be no more. Which makes sense, as in the final book she learns to be an undercover spy.

Ancillary MercyHush HushOnly A Kiss

Ancillary Mercy, Ann Leckie. The last in the trilogy -- all MINE.

Hush, Laura Lippman. I liked the other Lippman I read, and it is also set in Maryland.

Only a Kiss, Mary Balogh. I like the Survivor's Club books, and this is another one.

I've currently got 45 things out from the library, including ebooks, music, books for me, and books for the kids. That's a good month's reading, right?

Didn't finish anything for my Library Quest but I'm plugging along in the C.J. Box book and the audio.

badge-4I'll go sign in to Library Loot which is at somewhere that I can't find at Silly Little Mischief this week to see what everyone else is getting.  Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Linda from Silly Little Mischief that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. 

No comments: