Friday, October 2, 2015

Pumpkin Season

I'm trying to exercise some restraint, since read-next book shelf is a bit overfull. So hopefully my time in the library will be short and sweet, as it was today. It didn't hurt that my son was waiting there for a pick up, and he was anxious to get home. Probably wanted to make sure he had time for all his homework or something.

I only had one book at the hold shelf, and then I choose the next audio book in my Reading-my-library Quest, because I learned that if you pick a popular audio book you have to listen to it really fast before you have to give it back. And then I talked my son into getting a book as well.

The hold shelf had a book for my Tuesday book Club, and the Quick Pick had the book that enticed my freshman:
Seven Wild SistersReady Player OneThe High Druid's Blade
Seven Wild Sisters: Charles De Lint. The Tuesday club is exploring different book genres (we've done SF, Romance, Western, and Horror), so this is our Fantasy pick for next week.

Ready Player One, Ernest Cline. If he likes it, maybe I'll try to read it as well.

Defenders of Shannara: The High Druid's Blade, Terry Brooks. I haven't read any Shannara books since I was a kid, and I have no idea if this is the middle of a series, but it should be a fun book to listen to while I run errants.

I also put some books on my NOOK from the library:
The Dream Cycle of H.P. LovecraftSeven Wild SistersThe Beautiful Things That Heaven Bears
The Dream Cycle of H.P. Lovecraft. The Tuesday club is discussing this one this week.

Seven Wild Sisters. OK, so I wasn't sure which would come in first.

The Beautiful Things That Heaven Bears, Dinaw Mengestu. This is the current KCLS reads book, so I want to read it.

I've currently got 44 things out from the library, including ebooks, music, books for me, and books for the kids. That's not too bad, right? Only one unfinished book is due next week, so maybe I'll keep on top of things...

I didn't actually finish any of my Library Quest books, but I probably will this week.

badge-4I'll go sign in to Library Loot which is at  Silly Little Mischief this week to see what everyone else is getting.  Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Linda from Silly Little Mischief that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. 

1 comment:

Kay said...

Try working at two libraries!! I always have more books checked out than I could possible read. lol I still love the library and am thankful to be working at two. :) Enjoy your loot.