Monday, September 28, 2015

Happy Birthday Alexander!

2a
So, September is closing up, bringing a cartload of birthdays -- Happy Birthday FirstBorn! and Happy Birthday, Youngest Brother!

I've also completed my Cybils Reading Challenge, and they haven't even opened up nominations for next year. This is a personal record for me. Reading the longest books first definitely makes this easier. Now I just have to go through and vote my slate and then see how far apart I am from all the Cybils judges.

I've settled into a new library routine based off the river library rather than the hill library, and I've even restarted my Reading-the-Library Quest. My kids are in school (they are enrolled in the Seattle School District, so this is a fairly new development) and all is right with the world.

This week I finished
The Sword of RhiannonDory FantasmagoryThe Sackett BrandScholastic Reader Level 1: ...
Dory Fantasmagory, by Abby Hanlon -- Cybils Finalist
Sword of Rhiannon, Leigh Bracket - Sword & Laser bookclub
The Sackett Brand, Louis L'Amour - Tuesday bookclub
Ice Cream Shop, Jennifer Morris -- Cybils Finalist

I started:
Dead IceStone MattressThe Plague of Doves
Dead Ice, Laurell K Hamilton -- from my TBR list
Stone Mattress, Margaret Atwood -- Part of my Reading-My-Library Quest
Plague of Doves, Louise Erdrich -- For my 50 States challenge. Finally reading a book I own!

Bookjourney's "It's Monday" posts are still on hiatus (although she's back to reading and blogging, hooray to her!) but I'll check in with Teach Mentor Texts since I have a few kidlit books.
2015 Challenge Progress:
  1. Cybils 2014: Complete! I bought the last one as the libraries didn't seem to have it. WOOT!
  2. Where Am I Reading?: 34/51.  I already had a South Carolina, but I definitely need the North Dakota book I started this week. I've got a Maine book on deck.
  3. Reading My Library: Woot -- my library reopened! Finished the first audio book and started the second. Also started reading the Large Print book by Margaret Atwood.
  4. Award Winning Book Challenge: I have apparently stopped reviewing books. But I've ticked off many awards. 
  5. Book Riot Read Harder: 22/24. I still need an African author and a book of short stories.
  6. Alphabetically Inclined:  I V X  Z still missing. 22/26
  7. Best of the Best 2012: 52/25.  I am stalled. Maybe time to go back?

No comments: