Sunday, September 27, 2015

Library Reopens! River Runs Under It Is Back!

My favorite downtown Renton library has finally reopened! Now the river flows under the stacks of books once again!

I'm not sure how I feel about all the changes. My instinct is to resist all change, so it takes me a while to get used to anything new. So I'm still sniffing around, deciding if I like the new reading area (lots of magazines, but maybe not enough Quick Picks?), children's section (good view of the river, but maybe too open for larger families with many kids to chase after), and shelves (are there enough of them? Would there ever be enough?). But at least I can restart my Library Quest -- to read a book from every shelf.  I've got a bunch of Large Print books ready to go, and I'm even grabbing the audio books which are the first section after the children's area.

It's actually been a few weeks, so I'm back to my more usual pattern of book picking. This week I got a small haul, the books from the hold shelf and then some music to houseclean to:
The Sackett BrandThe Way Into Chaos (The Gre...

  1. The Sackett Brand, Louis L'Amour, for my Tuesday night book club.
  2. The Way Into Chaos, Harry Connolly. He's one of my favorite authors and I own this on NOOK but I prefer paper copies sometimes.
  3. She Looks So Perfect
  4. Les Miserables 
  5. The Very Best of Harry Belafonte

The Very Best of Harry BelafonteLes MisérablesShe Looks So Perfect

I've currently got 41 things out from the library, including ebooks, music, books for me, and books for the kids. That's not too bad, right? Only one unfinished book is due next week, so maybe I'll keep on top of things...

badge-4I'll go sign in to Library Loot which is at The Captive Reader  this week to see what everyone else is getting.  Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Linda from Silly Little Mischief that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. 

2 comments:

Linda said...

I didn't realized that they reopened. I'll have to go by and take a look at the remodel. Enjoy your loot.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Thanks for posting a comment on my blog. I liked the image you left in my mind: "Weeding and culling semi-private libraries is always like dancing along a swaying fence."

While I was here, I explored your blog and plan to read more of it. I especially enjoyed reading about your "river runs under it" library.