Because my house was a disaster, my Christmas tree naked, and book club looming as a harbinger of all the Christmas hosting I'm signed up to do, I was stressed enough to resist all bookish siren songs. It helped that the hold shelf loved me gently:
- Olivia Kidney, by Ellen Potter. I think this was recommended by bookshelves of doom.
- Dragon Spear, Jessica Day George. Third dragon book. It tickles me that someone named George writes about dragons. Which reminds me, everyone who likes Trollope should read Jo Walton's Tooth and Claw.
- So Totally Emily Ebers, Lisa Yee. Third book about the same summer by Yee; I'm enjoying seeing the different viewpoints of each kid. My son stole this from me, though.
- Fire: Tales of Elemental Spirits, by Robin McKinley and Peter Dickinson. It is handy for me when two of my favorite kidlit authors marry and then write books together.
- Because of Winn Dixie, by Kate DiCamillo. I thought I had a copy, but apparently not, and the class didn't quite finish this. Not that he really cared, but that bugged me.
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures. I do not think this will tempt me.
- The World's Greatest Valentine. A Spongebob book that I will also avoid.
- Rockabye baby! Lullaby Renditions of Christmas Rock Classics. Songs that never should have been exposed to the glockenspiel. We listened and mocked these on the way home.