Thursday, December 24, 2009

Truly, Madly: T Day



It's Wednesday again (or it was), and in between crazed panicking over my complete lack of readiness for Christmas I snuck in a read for A-Z Wednesday (T). This is an ARC that was sent to me, I'm not sure why, but that is very exciting for me. I warn you that my delight in getting a present from the winds made me enjoy the book before I even read the first page.

Heather Webber's Truly, Madly is a contemporary mystery/romance about a woman from a family that has always had a psychic gift for matchmaking. But Lucy's gift went askew and now she can find lost things instead. This makes her unsure of her place in the family, and she only reluctantly agrees to take over the family business during her father's absence.

She immediately meets sexy ex-fire fighter Sean who is clearly the romantic link. Although it may be cheating to have such a strong initial attraction, as long as the author shows their relationship developing I'm happy. They had no reason to like each other so much in the beginning, but they solved problems, made jokes, and flirted together enough to justify the relationship by the end. Meanwhile Lucy confronts her ability head on, accidentally outs herself as psychic to the press, and involves herself, Sean, and a client in an old murder case.

The book is a frothy bubble of plot (lost kids! blind dates! depressed friends! needy cats) and flirting, but done in a lighthearted and fun way that rarely makes me want to pop it. After finishing I can agree that many twists were unnecessary, and Lucy isn't the brightest of snowflakes, but I had fun reading it and will be looking for more books with Lucy. B

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I'm not sure I want to read the book but darn I love the cover. I'm such a sucker for the girlie look that you'd think I was girlie myself. ::snort::