Saturday, January 23, 2010

Library Loot: Saturday Review

Man, that comment challenge is killing me. By the time I find five posts that I can convince myself to comment on, I'm sleepily drooling on my keyboard, forget about posting to my own blog. And my follow page overfloweth. So I'm a tad bit behind now...

Thursday was our school's Multicultural Night, which had me running around like a Library Chicken with its head chopped off. (Among other things, I was responsible for providing picture books for each continent representing some of the cultures found there. Antarctica was a particular challenge). So Library Thursday became Library Friday. Sans Kids, but since I had to get to four libraries I managed to avoid browsing. I went to: our school library, to reshelve all the cultural books I had borrowed, our old school's library, because I love picking out books for KG's, our county library, where my hold shelf sang to me, and a super-quick stop to my city library, where I dropped off and then raced back to start picking kids up. (By the way, has anyone seen my wallet? It disappeared somewhere around there...)

My hold shelf gave to me:
  • Rampant, by Diana Peterfreund. A unicorn book, which will go nicely with Ariel, another unicorn book I am currently reading.
  • Your Inner Fish: A Journey Into the 3.5 Billion-Year History of the Human Body, by Neil Shubin, which I saw recommended somewhere. Teacherninja maybe? Yep. Thanks!
  • Chalice of Roses, romance short stories.
  • Heart of a Shepherd, Rosanne parry. I think this is a Cybil's pick.
  • Chameleon, by Charles R. Smith. YA book not about a white kid.
  • Animusic 2 (video0. Recommended by P.
Then I walked out. Amazing, eh?

Total Books and stuff from Library Elf: 94. That still seems a bit high...

I'll go sign up for Library Loot this week. That's a weekly event hosted in turns by A Striped Armchair (this weeks host) and Reading Adventures where bloggers can share their library finds of the week. Some of them make me look restrained.

2 comments:

Marg said...

I've really surprised myself in terms of the comment challenge. This is the first time ever that I have kept track, and I apparently have a lot to say! LOL!

Enjoy your loot.

Kristin said...

I think I would be ashamed to admit just how many library items I have in piles around my house. It's like this crazy addiction. And despite working there, it's like if I don't take it home with me when I first see it, I would never remember what I want to read from the library.