Monday, January 4, 2010

Sunday Summary: New Year


Well, my book choices so far this year are heavily dependent on what is due at the library this week. From the books I finished, only one does not fit that description. It was my U day book:
  • Where the Mountains Meet the Moon, by Grace Lin (great book)
  • Wanting Mor, by Rukhsana Khan (very interesting)
  • Uncle Boris in the Yukon, by Daniel Pinkwater (a memoir)
  • Ten Things I Hate About Me, by Randa Abdul-Fattah (disappointing)
  • March Towards the Thunder, by Joseph Bruchac
I am clearly very deadline oriented. Bookmarks inched along in:
  • Colibri, a bedtime read
  • Countdown to Summer, poems for school days
  • Parenting the Children of Now, a bit confusing
  • Dragon, Actually
  • The Knife of Never Letting Go, full of boys
  • Sea Glass, slow starting
  • The End of Racism, provocative but slow

No comments: