This post is a bit late (this being Saturday evening and all), but Thursday we had our regularly scheduled library day, complete with four kids. Three of whom apparently thought we were going to an amusement park, so we ended up leaving a bit abruptly, in disgrace, and with a squashed finger that caused great resentment but earned no sympathy (if you are roughhousing, things can get rough). Injuries sustained during misbehavior are their own reward.
Unless they are mine, in which case they are tragic.
Lucky for me, my hold shelf overflowed:
And because 86 items out is enough for any family.
- Scandal, by Carolyn Jewel. I saw this romance praised on two blogs somewhere.
- Wild Life, by Molly Gloss. I think Jo Walton recommended this author, although for a different book.
- Black Angels, by Linda Beatrice Brown.
- Kindred in Death, by J.D. Robb
- Into the Tangle of Friendship, Beth Kephart. For some challenges I haven't mentioned yet.
- Beat the Turtle Drum, by Constance C. Green. For Shelf Discovery Challenge.
- Shadow of the Giant, by Orson Scott Card. For X.
- Ender in Exile, by ditto, for ditto. Actually, I'm not sure if I've read this one, so I might.
- Children of the Mind, again by OSC, for X.
- War of Gifts: An Ender Story. Another in the same series. Is it wrong to encourage one's children to share one's compulsive tendencies? He didn't even ask for this one, but I knew he'd want it.