Because of a elementary school patriotic music concert, normal children pick-ups was waived, so our usual after-school library trip didn't happen. Instead I snuck in by myself on the way to the school district's "we have no money and so don't expect any learning next year" meeting. On the plus side, I was all by myself (as the librarians noticed). Unfortunately I was also running late, so I only had time to grab my holds, pick some CDs mostly at random, and dash out.
On hold was:
- Well-Schooled in Murder, by Elizabeth George. My next book-club book.
- Five-Flavors of Dumb, which I believe happens in Seattle
- Fly Guy Meets Fly Girl, which has mysteriously disappeared already (Cybils nominee)
- Serenity: The Shepherd's Tale, a Firefly comic
Turning around, I grabbed a CD from each shelf of the music section, so that we are listening to:
- Glee Showstoppers, Volume 3, which I heard in Utah and don't the kids love it! All fourth graders agree that somebody needs to bring those kids some funk.
- Tangled in the Pines: country music, with words you can understand.
- The Transformation: Christian music that didn't really hold our interest.
- String Quartets, which I'm enjoying
The kids also hid the case from last week's Kidz Bop, so that's still in as well; N requests it whenever he remembers; he's not a string quartet fan.
Which brings my total to 48, which is a leeeetle older than me. But not much, really. And I've already finished four books. Not including the one due tomorrow, unfortunately, but still. The library loot button is at Marg's Adventures of an Intrepid Reader this week; I'm off to sign up.