Now we have two spots to check on the hold shelves, because I've split my kids off from precious card (and they have a different last name). I'm serious about this age-limit rule, even for me. Not serious enough to not check out something I want, of course, but pretty serious.
An unexpected PTO meeting (well, unexpected in that Tuesday is not usually the first day of the week, but it was this week) made our visit very speedy, so I wasn't tempted to browse. I also talked my son into checking out most of the music (I like to listen to library CDs in the car) because I was a bit surprised at the weight of my hold shelf. Three books had shown up since I checked that morning.
- Do Unto Others... Michael Z. Williamson. Libertarian military SF
- Shotgun Sorceress, Lucy A. Snyder. Last book club from Dirty Sexy Books. The library got it to me just in time.
- The Widow and the King, John Dickinson. 2nd in a series by Robin McKinley's stepson.
- Ranger's Apprentice: The Burning Bridge, John Flanigan. Next ranger book.
- Scarlet Pimpernel, Baraness Orczy. I have a friend dealing with cancer, and she recommended this book. I hope she gets my good vibes as I read it.
- The Occupied Garden, Kristen den Hartog and her sister. This is totally MotherReader's fault, because her comment challenge (which I'm current on) led me to den Hartog's blog, with the result that I want to read her books.
- Bird, Angela Johnson. I actually ordered this one because it was listed with the other Heaven books, but I don't think it is related.
- Kidz Bop 18. We've skipped to the end in our enjoyment of these fine works, but never fear, N and I are determined to hear them all. I'd like to point out that in the song Naturally they put the thunder before the lightning, which is meteorologically incorrect.
So my total is officially on 41, which is MUCH smaller than my age. I win! This week's library loot is at Marg's The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader, and I'm off to sign up and see what everyone else got.