On Mondays Sheila at Book Journey invites people to report on what they read, what they are reading, and what they will read. Teach Mentor Texts echos this with a concentration on children's books.
I finished a handful of books:
- Within the Flames
- Where Things Come Back (YA)
- Dark Passage (YA)
- My Boyfriend Is a Monster (YA)
- Grimspace (NOOK)
- Geektastic (YA) (NOOK)
- Chain Reaction (YA) (NOOK)
- The New York Mormon Singles Halloween Dance
- Weedflower (kidlit)
- How They Croaked (kidlit) (audio)
What am I still reading? Well, it's still a bit ridiculous:
- Bunheads, Sophie Flack. (Cybils). I'm picking this back up any day now.
- Daughter of the Forest, Juliet Marillier. I have put this down somewhere with about 20 pages left. Oops.
- The Galacteran Legacy: Galaxy Watch, Michelle Izmaylov. (RML) Hey, the author was like 17. Much of the plot now makes sense.
- The Know-It-All, A.J. Jacobs. Letter S. His wife is pregnant! His head may explode.
- The Wives of Henry Oades, Johanna Moran. From the TBR list. I find the trials dull and their home life fascinating.
- Infinite Kung Fu, Kagen McLeon. For Best of the Best, but the boys still have it.
- Angelfall, Susan Ee. NOOK. (Cybils) Still no sign of baby sister.
- Matched, Ally Condie. NOOK. Ha! I got new copy today!
- Smart But Scattered, Peg Dawson & Richard Guare. Where to start to fix things.
- The Same Stuff as Stars, Katherine Paterson. Nothing is so bad that a social worker can't make it worse.
- Honored Enemy, Raymond Feist & William R Forstchen. Nemesis has backstory.
- Knight of a Trillion Stars, Dara Joy. Isn't it hot when he literally rips her clothes off? Wait, no, because she's trying to get away.
- The Catholic Church in the Modern World, E.E.Y. Hales. Pope looks bad when he condemns liberalism.
- Close Range: Wyoming Stories, Annie Proulx. Old guys at lunch in the first story.
- The Penderwicks at Point Mouette, Jeanne Birdsall. Audio. Very independent kids.
- Young Fredle, Cynthia Voight. Audio. With male fifth grader. We just finished Darwin.
- The Ring of Solomon, Jonathan Stroud. Audio. With 7th grader. CD 2. Queen of Sheba is introduced.
- Beauty Queens, Libby Bray. Audio. Just with me. CD 5.
- Cybils: 54/73. No change, but I did finally review a book I read last year.
- Global Reading Challenge: 13/21. I've asked my friends for South American recommendations.
- What's In a Name?: 6/6. Need to review the last ones.
- Where Am I Reading?: 19/50. Need to review Massachusetts (I've read three), Montana, Arkansas and Utah books. And finish the Vermont and Wyoming books. I'm falling behind, but catching up on reviews would fix that.
- Science Book Challenge: 1.141/3.14159. Memoirs, but nothing scientific, although Sugar Changed the World had a bit.
- Reading My Library: Finished one, which is good. On Ks.
- Eclectic Challenge: 7/10. Well, 8, but I need to review one. Reading literary fiction by Proulx. And the next book club book is a mystery.
- Best of the Best: 13/25. Hey, I'm over half way. This is a surprise.