This is another sanity check to see if I'm finishing anything, or hopefully at least finishing as many as I keep picking up. To cheer myself up, I'll start listing the ones I've finished:
- What to Read When, by Pam Allyn. I've finished the parts about why reading is great and how to read with different ages of kids, and I'm now in the giant book lists by theme. Lots of good suggestions for me.
- The Science of Fear, by Daniel Gardner. More discussions about how people think and how that leads to mistakes in risk assessment.
- Shakespeare Wrote For Money, by Nick Hornby. His last collection of books about what he read and what he bought. So far I'm averaging a book a month for my to-read list.
- American Gods, by Neil Gaimon. This is an award winning SF book that I've been meaning to read for about a year now. I have commenced with the reading process!
- Whiskey and Water, by Elizabeth Bear. I always enjoy her books, and it always takes me ages to get into them. I shall keep pushing until I'm caught in the current, and then I'll stay up all night to finish it.
- Astroturf, by M.G. Lord. This is a quirky book about the space program, women, and M.G. Lord's family. I got it at my favorite birthday ever, and I'm finally reading it.