Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Late Monday Status Check

I'm trying to slide into  bookjourney's Monday check in, where everyone reports on what they've read and what they want to read and what they are currently reading. It's a habit I want to get back into, so I can see what I've been reading.  This week I've finished:
Three of them are for my Reading My Library project, one is because I love the author (Pennypacker), one is for an online book club, and one is a Cybils books.  The pattern seems to be that I read a lot of children's books.


I'm currently reading:
  • One Door Away From Heaven, Dean Koontz.  I think this is the first Koontz I've read; it was a gift from the school bus driver.  I'm mid-way through.
  • I Am a Man, Joe Starita.  Reading because it's about history in Nebraska.
  • How Starbucks Saved My Life, Michael Gill.  From my TBR list
  • Prophecy, T.C. Southwell (NOOK).  Free book from Barnes & Noble.
  • Heat, Nancy Holder  My finisher award book.
  • Traveling Mercies, Anne Lamott.  I'm just poking at this book from my nonfiction shelves.
  • The Terrorists of Irustan, Louise Marley.  Again slowly moving through.
  • The Secret Duke, Jo Beverly.  Poke book.  They've just agreed to part...
  • How I Met My Countess, Elizabeth Boyle.  She's an idiot.  They broke up because they didn't talk.
  • The End of Racism, Dinesh D'Souza.  I disagree with most of his conclusions.
What will I read next? I'm trying to get those challenges done!  I have almost all of the remaining Cybils books from the library, and I'm trying to combine the alphabet and state books.  And work in the Globals.  Ack! 

A-Z: 45/52.  Need authors for Q, U, X, and Z, and titles for J, Q, and Z.
Cybils: 67/76. Just finished Reckless.
Global Reading Challenge:17/21. I'm counting kids books.
Read Around the World: 21/20. Done!
Science Book Challenge: 3.141/3.141... Done! And hey, Switch is sorta science. I should add that.
Stream: 3/3, 1/3, 3/3, 3/3.  I have to figure out how to register myself as done.
Take a Chance: 9/10. I have the last book at home.
20/11: 20/20. Done! 
What's In a Name?: 6/6.  Done!
Where Am I Reading?: 33/50. I'm reading a Nebraska book, and possibly an Idaho one.  We'll see if the characters travel in the Koontz book.

No comments: