Monday, November 28, 2011

Rushing To Keep Up on Monday

There will be no scheduling of this post; I'll be lucky to finish it on Monday.  But I'm determined to get it in.  Sheila at Book Journey hosts this meme where book bloggers report what they've read, what they're reading, and what they plan to read.  I also peek at my challenges to see how I'm doing.  This week I've finished:
Still not reading very efficiently, but I enjoyed most of these books.  Some could have been shorter and kept me happy, though.  Well, the novella was just about right.


I'm currently reading:
  • Effective Curriculum for Underserved Gifted Students, Tamra Stambaugh. A gift from LibraryThing's Early Readers.
  • Scrawl, Mark Shulman.  A Cybils book.
  • The Tempering of Men, Sarah Monette and Elizabeth Bear.  Very harsh companion-to-animals book.
  • Pluto Confidential.  Laurence Marschall and Stephen Maran.  Nifty science book from my TBR list.
  • Dark Whispers, Bruce Covelle.  Reading my library.
  • Fatal Judgment,  Irene Hannon (NOOK).  Free book from Barnes & Noble.
  • The Vampire Defanged, Susannah Clements.  Another literary look at vampires.
  • Traveling Mercies, Anne Lamott.  I'm now in her adulterous youth.  Still lots of drugs.
  • The Terrorists of Irustan, Louise Marley.  They are going to get caught real soon.
  • The Secret Duke, Jo Beverly. She must go on without him. And without sex.
  • How I Met My Countess, Elizabeth Boyle.  He's still an idiot. The child isn't hers either.
  • The End of Racism, Dinesh D'Souza.  He's looking at SAT scores now.
What will I read next? I'm trying to get those challenges done!  I'm going to concentrate on Cybils books, alternating a YA book with the remainder of the middle grade categories.  I have another science book from my TBR shelf waiting.  And another EarlyReader arc. And a book my fifth grader recommended.

Challenges: 
A-Z: 46/52.  Need authors for Q, U, and X and titles for J, and Q.  Hey, I already read a Z author that I forgot about! Checked out a Q title for my NOOK.  I think I'll concentrate on digital books here.
Cybils: 69/76. Just started Scrawl.
Global Reading Challenge:19/21. Read the South American novel.  May be forced to count memoirs as fiction.  I need an Australian book and another South American, and I'm using memoirs in North America and Africa.  Humph.
Take a Chance: 10-ish/10. I read the picture book for ten, but it feels weak.
20/11: 20/20. Done! 
Where Am I Reading?: 36/50. OK, I'm counting One Door Away From Heaven as Idaho, because that's where it ends.  I need Alaska and Arkansas.  Delaware, Hawaii, and Indiana.  Also Maryland, Minnesota, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont, Virginia and West Virginia. 

No comments: