I will somehow mark the ones I've read, whether they count or not:
Alex Awards (adult books that are good for teens). 10 books:
- Big Girl Small, by Rachel DeWoskin, published by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (ISBN 9780374112578 )
- In Zanesville, by Jo Ann Beard, published by Little, Brown & Company, a division of Hachette Book Group, Inc. (ISBN: 9780316084475)
- The Lover’s Dictionary, by David Levithan, published by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (ISBN: 9780374193683)
- The New Kids: Big Dreams and Brave Journeys at a High School for Immigrant Teens, by Brooke Hauser, published by Free Press, a division of Simon & Schuster, Inc. (ISBN: 9781439163283)
- The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern, published by Doubleday, a division of Random House, Inc. (ISBN: 9780385534635)
- Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline, published by Crown Publishers, an imprint of the Crown Publishing Group, a division of Random House, Inc. (ISBN: 9780307887436)
- Robopocalypse: A Novel, by Daniel H. Wilson, published by Doubleday, a division of Random House, Inc. (ISBN: 978038553850)
- Salvage the Bones by Jesmyn Ward, published by Bloomsbury USA (ISBN: 9781608195220)
- The Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt: A Novel in Pictures, by Caroline Preston, published by Ecco, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers (ISBN: 9780061966903)
- The Talk-Funny Girl, by Roland Merullo, published by Crown Publishers, an imprint of the Crown Publishing Group, a division of Random House, Inc. (ISBN: 9780307452924)
Margaret A. Edwards Award (author with group of work). 5 books:
- Susan Cooper -- Dark is Rising books
- Over Sea, Under Stone
- The Dark Is Rising
- The Grey King
- Silver on the Tree
William C. Morris Award. Debut author for teens: I've read 2 of 5, one inside the challenge time:
- Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley, published by Atheneum Books for Young Readers, an imprint of Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing. ISBN 978-0-4424-1333-7.
- Paper Covers Rock written by Jenny Hubbard, published by Delacorte Press, an imprint of Random House Children’s Books. ISBN 978-0-385-74055
- The Girl of Fire and Thorns written by Rae Carson, published by Greenwillow Books, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers. ISBN 978-0-06-202648-4. [I read this earlier]
- Under the Mesquite written by Guadalupe Garcia McCall, published by Lee and Low Books. ISBN 978-1-60060-429-4.
- Between Shades of Gray written by Ruta Sepetys, published by Philomel Books, an imprint of Penguin Young Readers Group USA. ISBN 978-0-399-25412-3.
- The Notorious Benedict Arnold: A True Story of Adventure, Heroism, & Treachery written by Steve Sheinkin, published by Flash Point/Roaring Brook Press, an imprint of Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group. ISBN: 978-1-59643-4686-8
- Sugar Changed the World: A Story of Magic, Spice, Slavery, Freedom and Science written by Marc Aronson and Marina Budhos, published by Clarion Books, an imprint of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. ISBN: 978-0-61857492-6
- Bootleg: Murder, Moonshine, and the Lawless Years of Prohibition written by Karen Blumenthal, published by Flash Point/Roaring Brook Press, an imprint of Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group. ISBN: 978-1-59643-449-3
- Wheels of Change: How Women Rode the Bicycle to Freedom (With a Few Flat Tires Along the Way) written by Sue Macy, published by National Geographic Children’s Books. ISBN: 978-1-42630-761-4
- Music Was IT: Young Leonard Bernstein written by Susan Goldman Rubin, published by Charlesbridge. ISBN: 978-1-58089-344-2
Odyssey Award. Best audio book. THESE DON'T COUNT IN PRINT. 5 books:
- Ghetto Cowboy
- Okay For Now
- The Scorpio Races (shows up in print elsewhere)
- Young Fredle
Michael L. Printz Award. Excellence in YA books. 5 books. I've read one already.
- Where Things Come Back (Duplicate)
- Why We Broke Up
- The Returning
- Jasper Jones [read last year]
- The Scorpio Races
Top Ten Audio Books for Teens. THESE DON'T COUNT IN PRINT. 10 books:
- Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? by Louise Rennison, read by Stina Nielson. Recorded Books, 2010.
- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray, read by Libba Bray. Scholastic Audio, 2011.
- Carter’s Big Break by Brent Crawford, read by Nick Podehl. Brilliance Audio, 2011.
- Chime by Franny Billingsley, read by Susan Duerden. Listening Library, 2011.
- Curse of the Wendigo by Rick Yancey, read by Steven Boyer. Recorded Books, 2010.
- Fever Crumb by Philip Reeve, read by Philip Reeve. Scholastic Audio, 2011.
- How They Croaked by Georgia Bragg, read by L.J. Ganser. Recorded Books, 2011.
- Marbury Lens by Andrew Smith, read by Mark Boyett. Brilliance Audio, 2010.
- Ring of Solomon by Jonathan Stroud, read by Simon Jones. Listening Library, 2010.
- Wake of the Lorelei Lee by L.A. Meyer, read by Katherine Kellgren. Listen and Live Audio, 2010.
Top Ten Best Fiction. I read two of these too early. Ten books, but some are duplicates:
- Carson, Rae. The Girl of Fire and Thorns. HarperCollins Publishers/Greenwillow Books, 2011. (Duplicate)
- Cohen, Joshua C. Leverage. Penguin Group USA/Dutton Juvenile, 2011.
- King, A.S. Everybody Sees the Ants. Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, 2011.
- McCall, Guadalupe Garcia. Under the Mesquite. Lee & Low Books, 2011. (Duplicate)
- Myracle, Lauren. Shine. Abrams/Amulet Books, 2011.
- Ness, Patrick. A Monster Calls. Illus by Jim Kay. Candlewick Press, 2011.
- Sepetys, Ruta. Between Shades of Gray. Penguin Group/Philomel Books, 2011. (Duplicate)
- Stiefvater, Maggie. The Scorpio Races. Scholastic Incorporated/Scholastic Press, 2011. (Duplicate)
- Taylor, Laini. Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, 2011.
- Zarr, Sara. How to Save a Life. Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, 2011.
10 Great Graphic Novels. 11 books. Heh. I've read one, but too early.
- Amir and Khalil. “Zahra’s Paradise.” First Second, 2011
- Bendis, Brian Michael and Alex Maleev. “Scarlet.” Marvel/Icon Comics, 2011.
- Brosgal, Vera. “Anya’s Ghost.” First Second, 2011.
- Gladstone, Brooke, Josh Neufeld, and others. “The Influencing Machine: Brooke Gladstone on the Media.” W. W. Norton and Company, 2011.
- Langridge, Roger, Chris Samnee, and others.
“Thor: The Mighty Avenger V. 1.” Marvel, 2010.
“Thor: The Mighty Avenger V. 2.” Marvel, 2011.
- McLeod, Kagan. “Infinite Kung Fu.” Top Shelf, 2011.
- Mori, Kaoru. “A Bride’s Story V. 1.” Yen Press, 2011.
- Nicolle, Malachai and Ethan Nicolle. “Axe Cop V. 1.” Dark Horse, 2011.
- Ralph, Brian. “Daybreak.” Drawn and Quarterly, 2011.
- Shimura, Takako. “Wandering Son V. 1.” Fantagraphics Books, 2011.
- Black, Holly and Cecil Castellucci (ed.) Geektastic: Stories from the Nerd Herd. Little, Brown Books for Young Readers. 2010.
- Carroll, Michael. Super Human. Speak. 2010.
- Falkner, Brian. Brain Jack. Ember. 2011.
- Giles, Gail. Shattering Glass. Simon Pulse. 2003.
- Harbison, Paige. Here Lies Bridget. Harlequin Teen. 2011
- Lindner, April. Jane. Poppy. 2011
- Loux,Matthew. Sidescrollers. Oni Press. 2006.
- Moore, Perry. Hero. Hyperion. 2009.
- Tsang, Evonne. My Boyfriend is a Monster #1. Lerner/Graphic Universe. 2011.
- Waldorf, Heather. Tripping. Red Deer Press. 2009.
QuickPicks For Reluctant Readers. I read one, but too early.
- Aguirre, Ann. Enclave. Macmillan/Feiwel and Friends, 2011.
- Almerico, Kendall and Tess Hottenroth. Whoogles: Can a Dog Make a Woman Pregnant?...and Hundreds of Other Searches That Make You Ask 'Who Would Google That? F + W Media/Adams Media, 2010.
- Beever, Julian. Pavement Chalk Artist: The Three-Dimensional Drawings of Julian Beever. Firefly Books, 2010.
- Booth, Coe. Bronxwood. Scholastic, Inc./Push,2011.
- Dugard, Jaycee. A Stolen Life: A Memoir. Simon & Schuster, 2011.
- Elkeles, Simone. Chain Reaction. Walker and Company, 2011.
- Haugen, Brenda. The Zodiac Killer: Terror and Mystery. Capstone/Compass Point Books, 2010.
- Patterson, James. Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life. Illus. by Lara Park and Chris Tebbets. Little, Brown and Company, 2011.
- Snider, Brandon. D.C. Comics: The Ultimate Character Guide. DK, 2011.
- TenNapel, Doug. Ghostopolis. Scholastic Inc./Graphix, 2011.