Friday, April 25, 2014

Found a Few Books At the Library

Image of Renton
badge-4
I sorta went to two libraries today, one in the morning and one in the evening. And I picked up books at both places. Luckily I believe there is an astronomical event coming up soon that will insert an extra six hours between "bedtime" and "lights out" for the next few weeks. Something to do with the alignments of the pyramids and Atlantis, or so I've been told. Cross your fingers that it's true! Anyway, of course that means I'll have time to read another months worth of books this week.  Right?

Phantom EyesThe Midnight TunnelThe Girls of Atomic City
The Midnight Tunnel: A Suzanna Snow Mystery, Angie Frazier
The Girls of Atomic City: The Untold Story the the Women Who Helped Win World War II, Denise Kiernan
Phantom Eyes, Scott Tracey
Garment of ShadowsThankless in DeathArchangel's Legion
Garment of Shadows, Laurie R. King
Thankless in Death, J.D. Robb
Archangel's Legion, Nalini Singh
The Quotient of Murder, Ada Madison

For the next stage in my Reading My Library Quest, I pulled books from each of the five shelves of children's mythology:
The Wise FoolEnglish Fairy TalesA Home in the SkyMichael Hague's Read-to-me Book of Fairy TalesOther Goose
  • Read-to-Me Book of Fairy Tales, Michael Hague
  • A Home in the Sky, Olivia Snowe
  • English Fairy Tales and More English Fairy Tales, ed. Donald Haase.
  • The Wise Fool: Fables From the Islamic World, Shahruck Husain & Micha Archer
  • Other Goose, J Otto Siebold
I luckily turned in a lot of books this week, so I still have *ONLY* 43 things out on my library cards, including ebooks. And some of those shouldn't even count because my kids make me check out all their stuff too because they are too wimpy to memorize their library card numbers.

I'll go share my Library Loot at the event co-hosted by Claire from the Captive Reader and Linda from Silly Little Mischief where all the library addicts compare their treasures.

Book credits banked: Six.

No comments: