Saturday, June 14, 2014

Heavy Bag of Tiny Books

Image of Renton
My beautiful library is getting renovated, which means that I'll have to change the library picture for this post. On June 22nd it will close and not reopen until the distant future.

This confuses my Library Quest a bit -- I'm slowly going through and reading a book from each shelf. So I'm zooming through to finish the children's room so that hopefully I can than renew my journey in the new upgraded library, which I assume will have a children's room as well, and I'll just ignore that and go on to the rest of the library.

Also, since my elementary school book club meets on Monday, and I challenge them to suggest books for me to read, I have a pile of books matching their suggestions. The sensible thing to do would have been to get these last week, while I was doing the Reading Challenge, but I fear I lean more towards the sensibility rather than the sense side in my reading habits.

First, I got Archangel's Storm by Nalini Singh because I managed to skip this one in the series and that bugged me.
Archangel's Storm
Then I picked up my Book Club Recommendations:
Love, StargirlBlack ButlerLeven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo
Love, Stargirl  Jerry Spinelli. I remember liking Stargirl but I'm fairly sure I never read the sequel.
Black Butler, Yana Toboso
The Gateway (Leven Thumps 1), Obert Skye
The School for Good and Evil
Gregor the Overlander, Suzanne Collins
The School for Good and Evil, Soman Chainani

Reading My Library Selections, Mostly Made by my Impatient Alexander:
Measuring TemperaturePterosaur TroubleOver and Under the SnowButterfly
E536.50287 Measuring Temperature, Darice Bailer
E567.918 Pterosaur Trouble, Daniel Loxton
E591.43  Over and Under the Snow, Kate Messner
E595.789 Grow With Me: Butterfly, Kate Riggs
QueenieI Think I Am Going to SneezeGerman Shepherd
E599.67 Queenie: One Elephant's Story, Corinne Fenton
E628.9297 I Think I Am Going to Sneeze: A First Look at Allergies, Pat Thomas
E625.1 Trains, Amy Shields
E636.7376 German Shepherd, Jinny Johnson
Look at That BuildingCheer SkillsIce Skating
E690 Look at that Building: A First Book of Structure, Scot Ritchie
E791.64 Cheer Skills, Jen Jones
E796.91 Ice Skating, Bob Temple
Twinkle, Twinkle, Little StarGrand CanyonAll-star!
E821.7 Twinkle, Twinkle, Litte Star, Jerry Pinkney
E979.132 Big Outdoors: Grand Canyon, Valerie Boddn
EB All Star! Honus Wagner and the Most Famous Baseball Card, Jane Yolen

This means I now have 67 things out on my library cards, including ebooks. Oops. I'm not even going to look on the ebook side But I should power through these picture books quickly, and then get back to the library next week to check out a dozen or so Early Readers, and then declare victory before they shut the library down. 
badge-4
I'll go share my Library Loot at the event co-hosted by Claire from the Captive Reader and Linda from Silly Little Mischief where all the library addicts compare their treasures.

No comments: