Now that the 48 Hour Book Challenge has pulled me out of my reading slump (and blogging hiatus) I am ready to throw myself into Summer Reading! First I'll start reading, and then I'll find some appropriate icon for this year.
Again, the goal is to start a book every day, from last Friday on. The side goal is to not have as many books left over as I did last year (I don't think I've finished them all). So I'm counting picture books! I'll count pamphlets if I have to! Maybe I'll count fortunes from fortune cookies...
This weekend gave me a comfortable lead, enough to cover the two days of driving. Bookjourney's It's Monday posts are still on hiatus (although she's back to reading and blogging, hooray to her!) but I'll check in with Teach Mentor Texts since I read a few kidlit books.
I miss my reading diary; I think I'll start that up again.
Finished this week:
- Bless Her Dead Little Heart, Miranda James. This had a high body count.
- Yonder Comes the Other End of Time, Suzette Haden Elgin. Cute as a banjo. I don't much like banjos, unfortunately.
- A Matter For Men, David Gerrold. Very Heinlein-esq.
- About that Night, Norah McClintock. Grim tale of murder and teens.
- Forged in Blood 1, Lindsay Buroker. Lots of fun here.
- MaddAddam, Margaret Atwood. This was was fun to read, but didn't pull me in.
- The Jupiter Pirates: Hunt for the Hydra, Jason Fry. Only book I read that wasn't part of the read-a-thon. It's a Cybils finalist.
Bookmarks Moved this Week:
- Dragon Prince, Melanie Rawn
- The Winner's Curse, Marie Rutkoski
2015 Challenge Progress:
- Cybils 2014: 27/81. Still behind on completion ratio, but probably ahead on page count.
- Where Am I Reading?: 30/51. On track for the year. Looking for Delaware, wouldn't mind a Hawaii or Indiania.
- Award Winning Book Challenge: I have apparently stopped reviewing books. But I've ticked off seven different awards.
- Full House Challenge: 25/25. Not sure whether to find a new box or redo this one.
- Book Riot Read Harder: 18/24. I've done the easy ones. Need a young author, a translated text, and to understand what an indie press is. Lindsay Buroker self-publishes -- is she an indie press?
- Alphabetically Inclined: I V X Z still missing. 22/26
- Best of the Best 2012: 52/25. I am stalled.
- Reading My Library: Library temporarily closed, so on hiatus.