Friday, March 18, 2016

Cybils to the Rescue!

badge-4This Triple Dog Dare has thirteen days left. Three weeks before I can start browsing library books. I'm really hoping this year that I can hold myself back and give myself a chance to read some of the books I buy as well as the books from the library. I mean, I must want to read them if I buy them, right?

I did not have my Library Quest to save me this week, so my library bag was lighter.  But still not empty -- the Cybils still have my back, since I obviously can't wait until April to start reading through the finalists, right?.
Also, I needed a few things for book club:

From the hold shelf:
TommySymphony for the City of the Dead

Tommy, The Gun That Changed America, Karen Blumenthal. Cybils YA Nonfiction finalist.

Symphony for the City of the Dead, M.T. Anderson. Cybils YA Nonfiction finalist. Previously I've only read M.T. Anderson's Pals of Peril books, so this will be a change of pace.

I also got a new ebook, for March's Vaginal Fantasy pick:
The Pillars of the World (T...

The Pillars of the World, Anne Bishop. Notice that this is not by Ken Follett, and does not involve cathedrals.

I've currently got 28 things out from the library, including ebooks, books for me, and books for the kids (at least four). My numbers are higher because I'm hoping the kids read some of the Cybils books I've finished (or that I'm about to start), and also it's not always clear how to return ebooks early.

I'll go look at the Library Loot which is at The Captive Reader this week to see what everyone else is getting.  Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Linda from Silly Little Mischief that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. 

Library Questing


I'm still reading Airtight by David Rosenfelt and am preferring this detective novel to my previous New Jersey book, which was also a detective novel. I'm not sure if this one counts as a mystery or a thriller -- there's a lot of kidnapping and violence, but maybe I'm supposed to figure out all the motives?

Hild by Nicola Griffith continues to be a great story in my car. It's nineteen disks long and I'm on #13, so I'll be here for a while, but the end is officially in sight (I've loaded all the disks into the car player).

No comments: