This week again seemed very long, but that's because I skipped last Sunday, so this week lasted fourteen days. Ah, the power of the internets. Since my reading pile barely moved, that's just as well. I think I finished a few books:
- Serenity Found
- The Magician's Elephant
- Outlaws of Ravenhurst
- What I Talk About When I Talk About Running
- Queens: Portraits of Black Women and Their Fabulous Hair
- The Noonday Friends
- Child of Fire
- Sammy Keyes and the Wild Things
- Sammy Keyes and the Cold Hard Cash
I'm fairly happy with my reading; several nonfiction, some fun genre books (my favorite was Child of Fire), a core of kidlit. I'd better watch for my challenges; only two books weren't from the library.
Where are my bookmarks? Let me see:
- The Prisoner Within. I've pushed along maybe 25 pages. Not really worth it so far.
- Shelf Discovery: The Teen Classics We Never Stopped Reading. As much fun as I anticipated.
- The Mysterious Benedict Society. I took the recommendations of P.'s classmate and made him check this out for me. I had to twist his arm, the little skunk.
- A Weed By Any Other Name. Why excessive lawn care is bad. This must be why I don't do it; I knew this instinctively.
- The Necessary Beggar. Lovely writing, but a bit of a silly story.
- Powers. Bad stuff is about to happen, I can feel it.
- Princess and the Hound. This one is getting interesting, now that we've met the princess.
- Astroturf. I suspect there's only about 30 minutes left.
- Fairest. Another book one real session from completion.
- End of Racism. OK, one chapter a week is about my limit here, so no chance of finishing this.