Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday Summary, Times Two


This week again seemed very long, but that's because I skipped last Sunday, so this week lasted fourteen days. Ah, the power of the internets. Since my reading pile barely moved, that's just as well. I think I finished a few books:
  • Serenity Found
  • The Magician's Elephant
  • Outlaws of Ravenhurst
  • Underground
  • What I Talk About When I Talk About Running
  • Schooled
  • Queens: Portraits of Black Women and Their Fabulous Hair
  • The Noonday Friends
  • Child of Fire
  • Sammy Keyes and the Wild Things
  • Sammy Keyes and the Cold Hard Cash
I'm fairly happy with my reading; several nonfiction, some fun genre books (my favorite was Child of Fire), a core of kidlit. I'd better watch for my challenges; only two books weren't from the library.

Where are my bookmarks? Let me see:
  • The Prisoner Within. I've pushed along maybe 25 pages. Not really worth it so far.
  • Shelf Discovery: The Teen Classics We Never Stopped Reading. As much fun as I anticipated.
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society. I took the recommendations of P.'s classmate and made him check this out for me. I had to twist his arm, the little skunk.
  • A Weed By Any Other Name. Why excessive lawn care is bad. This must be why I don't do it; I knew this instinctively.
  • The Necessary Beggar. Lovely writing, but a bit of a silly story.
From my home library, I have to finish some books to catch up my clear-your-shelves challenge. Maybe something for P day on Wednesday.
  • Powers. Bad stuff is about to happen, I can feel it.
  • Princess and the Hound. This one is getting interesting, now that we've met the princess.
  • Astroturf. I suspect there's only about 30 minutes left.
  • Fairest. Another book one real session from completion.
  • End of Racism. OK, one chapter a week is about my limit here, so no chance of finishing this.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm in a sort of start something and set it aside kind of mood so my list is changing but not in the way I'd want it to.

bermudaonion said...

It looks to me like you've gotten a lot of good reading in! I have a feeling my reading will slow down for the rest of the year.