Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Clean Up in Aisle All: Clutter's Last Stand

Don Aslett is apparently a famous cleaning guy; he runs a cleaning service and had a farm and raised six or so kids and wrote a lot of books. Clutter's Last Stand: It's Time To De-junk Your Life! has been cluttering my shelves for years, so I feel proud of finishing it and sending it off to greener pastures at the used book store.

I read the book mainly for inspiration because I'm trying to clear out a lot of stuff, especially from my bedroom and the kids' playroom. It's a good way to focus on what things really bring beauty or value to your life. Aslett also pokes his nose into mental and spiritual clutter; he finds that clutter in one area (junk in your house) leads to junk in your body and soul. I don't buy most of his preaching, but I do need to toss a lot of stuff, and with the hints and encouragement of this book I've made a decent (if slow) start.
B

No comments: