Saturday, June 5, 2010

Nine! And a repeat author

48 Hour Book ChallengeI just finished Steering the Craft: Exercises and Discussions on Story Writing for the Lone Navigator or the Mutinous Crew by Ursula Le Guin (second book by her in a row! but this one is nonfiction) , and I should get it out again next November if I try the writing thing. Her book of exercises on writing craft makes me want to go out and join a writing group tomorrow. Well, not tomorrow, I'll be reading all day, but next week.

X had 20 more minutes. Now he's trying to sleep. He has corrected me to say that he only has 3 hours of reading, 6 is his goal. Which he would have made if I had remembered the Saturday hours of the library, apparently. But he has mastered his heartbreak enough to try a John Christopher book. I keep a shelf of "books I think you would like" that is batting about 80%, but he never thinks to take a book from it. Humph. At least he sometimes reads them when I press them into his hands.


I think I'm at 18 hours, including blogging time. I've lost a bit of time to forgetting to start the timer, but close enough.

2 comments:

MotherReader said...

Oh, why won't our kids believe that we might know what books they would like? Have fun reading together!

Buffy said...

This book sounds great! I just added it to my list. I've been thinking about wanting some writing prompts/exercises and this may be just what I'm looking for.

I'm off to the next to last disc of my audiobook!