Saturday, June 5, 2010

Five!

I48 Hour Book Challenge knew there was a bad surprise at the end of The First Part Last, by Angela Johnson, so I've been putting off finishing it. Thank you, 48 Hour Challenge, for pushing me along. It does feel like a bit of a trick, though. I'll go request another Angela Johnson book from the library now, probably Heaven.

X has finished Boys Adrift: The Five Factors Driving the Growing Epidemic of Unmotivated Boys and Underachieving Young Men on his end of the challenge, and is off reading something else. It looked like the D&D handbook; I'd better put the Dungeon Masters guide on my list so I can run some campaigns this summer.

I think I'm at about 8 hours now; I'm keeping a tally on a piece of paper and will report at the end when I also mess about with page numbers. It's too complicated to keep track; I'm making myself read in fifty page chunks before switching to something else, but that means I'm not sure how much time I spend on each book. And there was the break to clean up the cat pee.

No comments: