Sunday, June 20, 2010

Last Spring Haul

Again I forgot a pile of books that I've finished. Well, not so much forgot but ran out of room in the library bag. That is good news, right? We make make an off-schedule run to unite N with his beloved Pokemon movie tomorrow, in which case I'll dump some extra books off.

My hold shelf offered up:
  • Rachel and the Hired Gun, Elaine Levine. A western romance.
  • Serpent in the Thorns, Jeri Westerson. Medieval mystery, seen on another Library Loot.
  • Resenting the Hero, Moira J. Moore. Recommended on another blog. Plus Moore is a good name for an author.
  • A Dixie Chicks CD.
  • Something X requested, which disappeared before I could record it. Maybe a Warriors book?
Then I wondered over to picture books and grabbed the next six shelves worth of Reading-My-Library. Yes, this project is just zipping along; I'll probably be done by the end of summer. Again, this is assuming that I don't slow down when reaching books with more than 32 pages.

The kids also found four more CD's for me to listen to, since I had threatened to start singing in the car unless they provided me with musical tribute. Zip! They were a the music section eagerly grabbing anything.

Total Books from Library Elf (counting all the kid stuff that I'm legally responsible for even if I hope not to read it): 72. Stuff on my card: 65; I think 19 are those are unread books. Missing books: two, but I renewed them so I hope they turn up somewhere.

I'll go sign up for Library Loot this week. That's a weekly event hosted in turns by Eva's A Striped Armchair (this week's host) and Marg's Reading Adventures where bloggers can share their library finds of the week. Some of them make me look restrained.

No comments: