Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday Again

I'm scheduling this post, that's how early I finished it.  I like the idea of checking what I'm reading.  Sheila at Book Journey hosts this meme.  This week I've finished:
  • Wild Things, Clay Carmichael, a Reading My Library book)
  • Heat (Buffy/Angel), Nancy Holder
  • Split, Swati Avasthi (NOOK), a Cybils nominee
  • Twin Spica Volume 02, Kou Yagimuma
  • Report Card, Andrew Clements (audio)
I really don't seem to be reading too much this week.  On the bright side, I've caught up on a lot of TV lately.  And my currently-reading shelf is a measly 10 books wide!


I'm currently reading:
  • One Door Away From Heaven, Dean Koontz. Still working my way through, hoping that the three, now four main plot threads eventually meet up.
  • Boiling Point, K.L. Dionne.  The volcano has erupted.
  • Dazzled and Deceived, Peter Forbes.  Nifty science book from my TBR list.
  • Prophecy, T.C. Southwell (NOOK).  Free book from Barnes & Noble.
  • The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind, William Kamkwamba( NOOK).  Library book from my TBR list.
  • Traveling Mercies, Anne Lamott.  I'm still in her druggie youth days, yawn.
  • The Terrorists of Irustan, Louise Marley.  They are going to get caught soon.
  • The Secret Duke, Jo Beverly.  Poke book.  They've just agreed to part..., oh wait maybe not. 
  • How I Met My Countess, Elizabeth Boyle.  He's an idiot.  Could the child be his?
  • The End of Racism, Dinesh D'Souza.  I disagree with most of his conclusions.
What will I read next? I'm trying to get those challenges done!  I'm going to concentrate on Cybils books.  I have another science book from my TBR shelf waiting.  And my latest batch of books for Reading My Library were chosen with location in mind.

Challenges: 
A-Z: 46/52.  Need authors for Q, U, X, and Z, and titles for J, and Q.  
Cybils: 69/76. Just finished Split.
Global Reading Challenge:17/21. Reading a South American. The novel restriction is unexpectedly constricting. 
Science Book Challenge: 3.141/3.141... Done! And hey, Switch is sorta science. I should add that.
Take a Chance: 9/10. I have the last book at home. Unread, but at home.
20/11: 20/20. Done! 
Where Am I Reading?: 35/50. OK, I read a North Caroline book.  Fifteen left to go.  I need Alaska and Arkansas.  Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho and Indiana.  Also Maryland, Minnesota, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont, Virginia and West Virginia. 

No comments: