- Prophecy (Slave Empire), T. C. Southwell, NOOK
- Dazzled and Deceived, Peter Forbes
- Summer's Crossing (The Iron Fey), Julie Kagawa (novella), NOOK
- Y The Last Man, Vol 3: One Small Step, Brian K. Vaughan
- Boiling Point, Karen Dionne
- One Door Away From Heaven, Dean Koontz
- The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind by William Kamkwamba (NOOK)
Still not reading very efficiently, but I enjoyed most of these books. Some could have been shorter and kept me happy, though. Well, the novella was just about right.
I'm currently reading:
I'm currently reading:
- Effective Curriculum for Underserved Gifted Students, Tamra Stambaugh. A gift from LibraryThing's Early Readers.
- Scrawl, Mark Shulman. A Cybils book.
- The Tempering of Men, Sarah Monette and Elizabeth Bear. Very harsh companion-to-animals book.
- Pluto Confidential. Laurence Marschall and Stephen Maran. Nifty science book from my TBR list.
- Dark Whispers, Bruce Covelle. Reading my library.
- Fatal Judgment, Irene Hannon (NOOK). Free book from Barnes & Noble.
- The Vampire Defanged, Susannah Clements. Another literary look at vampires.
- Traveling Mercies, Anne Lamott. I'm now in her adulterous youth. Still lots of drugs.
- The Terrorists of Irustan, Louise Marley. They are going to get caught real soon.
- The Secret Duke, Jo Beverly. She must go on without him. And without sex.
- How I Met My Countess, Elizabeth Boyle. He's still an idiot. The child isn't hers either.
- The End of Racism, Dinesh D'Souza. He's looking at SAT scores now.
Cybils: 69/76. Just started Scrawl.
What will I read next? I'm trying to get those challenges done! I'm going to concentrate on Cybils books, alternating a YA book with the remainder of the middle grade categories. I have another science book from my TBR shelf waiting. And another EarlyReader arc. And a book my fifth grader recommended.
A-Z: 46/52. Need authors for Q, U, and X and titles for J, and Q. Hey, I already read a Z author that I forgot about! Checked out a Q title for my NOOK. I think I'll concentrate on digital books here.
Global Reading Challenge:19/21. Read the South American novel. May be forced to count memoirs as fiction. I need an Australian book and another South American, and I'm using memoirs in North America and Africa. Humph.
Take a Chance: 10-ish/10. I read the picture book for ten, but it feels weak.
20/11: 20/20. Done!Where Am I Reading?: 36/50. OK, I'm counting One Door Away From Heaven as Idaho, because that's where it ends. I need Alaska and Arkansas. Delaware, Hawaii, and Indiana. Also Maryland, Minnesota, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont, Virginia and West Virginia.