- "I Am a Man": Chief Standing Bear's Journey for Justice, by Joe Starita, my Nebraska book
- How Starbucks Saved My Life, by Michael Gill, from my TBR list
- Old Man's War, John Scalzi, for my book club (reread for me)
- How They Croaked: The Awful Ends of the Awfully Famous, Georgia Bragg, a book I got for my kids but looked good enough for me as well
- What Jamie Saw, Carolyn Coman, a Reading My Library book (I'm on kidlit C's!)
Wow, the majority of books finished this week were nonfiction. And adult books.
I'm currently reading:
I'm currently reading:
- One Door Away From Heaven, Dean Koontz. I think this is the first Koontz I've read; it was a gift from the school bus driver. I'm mid-way through. Again.
- Boiling Point, K.L. Dionne. A South American book for my challenge.
- Dazzled and Deceived, Peter Forbes. From my TBR list.
- Prophecy, T.C. Southwell (NOOK). Free book from Barnes & Noble.
- Split, Swati Avasthi (NOOK). Library book on the Cybils list.
- Heat, Nancy Holder My finisher award book.
- Traveling Mercies, Anne Lamott. I'm in her druggie youth days, yawn.
- The Terrorists of Irustan, Louise Marley. They are going to get caught soon.
- The Secret Duke, Jo Beverly. Poke book. They've just agreed to part..., maybe I should stop here.
- How I Met My Countess, Elizabeth Boyle. She's an idiot. They broke up because they didn't talk.
- The End of Racism, Dinesh D'Souza. I disagree with most of his conclusions.
Cybils: 68/76. Just finished Zapato Power.
What will I read next? I'm trying to get those challenges done! I have almost all of the remaining Cybils books from the library, and I'm trying to combine the alphabet and state books. And work in the Globals. Ack!
A-Z: 45/52. Need authors for Q, U, X, and Z, and titles for J, and Q. Need to write up Z.
Global Reading Challenge:17/21. Need 1 Africa, 1 Australasia, 2 South America.
Read Around the World: 21/20. Done!
Science Book Challenge: 3.141/3.141... Done! And hey, Switch is sorta science. I should add that.
Stream: 3/3, 1/3, 3/3, 3/3. I have to figure out how to register myself as done.
Take a Chance: 9/10. I have the last book at home. Still.
20/11: 20/20. Done!
What's In a Name?: 6/6. Done!Where Am I Reading?: 34/50. I read a New Hampshire book and realized I meant to read a Vermont one. Oops. I need Alaska and Arkansas. Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho and Indiana. Also Maryland, Minnesota, North and South Carolina, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont, Virginia and West Virginia.