Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanks To the Library

Last week was a very short library trip, and actually so was this week although it was extended.  My book count is creeping back to highly unsustainable, so I'm trying to limit my picks to the hold shelf, but that shelf is full of the books I have to read Real Soon Now for my challenges.  Also, I had stuff coming due at odd times which forced me to go back a few times.

Thanksgiving was a true feast this year, helped by my sister's Amazing Culinary and Organizational Powers.  I made the turkey, although she comes over to make sure I don't mess it up, and I also contributed some onions which were nice.  Our friend Jen came bearing potatoes, and with the broccoli casserole, the corn bread stuffing, the home-made gravy, the canned cranberry sauce (yum) and the pumpkin soup I just realized I never went back for pie.  Clearly Black Friday will be a day of left-overs.

I got three books last week, and then went back for my Reading My Library selections, and then got two more books this week, plus some CDs:
  • How to Save a Life, Sara Zarr (A-Z challenge!)
  • New York to Dallas, J.D. Robb
  • Molly Bannaky, Alice McGill (mentioned on Book-a-Day-Almanac)
  • Which Big Giver Stole the Chopped Liver, Sharon Kahn (TBR list)
  • This Is a Book, Dmitri Martin
I made a special trip for my next batch of Reading-My-Library titles, because I forgot to get them at the regular time. I'm in the D's!
  • Dark Whispers, Bruce Corville
  • Border Crossing, Maria Colleen Cruz
  • Liberty Porter: First Daughter, Julia Devillers
  • Bindi Babes, Narinder Dhami
  • The London Eye Mystery, Siobhan Dowd
    Marg at The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader and Clare from The Captive Reader take turns with the linky for Library Loot. That's where all us library lovers go to compare our hauls for the week.

    No comments: