Scheduling reasons force me to move my library day from Thursday to Monday; this long and complicated move takes several months to complete, as I tend to procrastinate on reading my library books until the week they are due. This means that during the painful process of transition I am often forced to go the library twice a week. Oh, the agonies of the brier patch!
On the other hand, I have almost 80 items checked out. At some point nasty reality intrudes. So I'm practically on a library fast, where I barely check anything out. Unless it's on the hold shelf for me. Or it's a picture book. Or I might need a bit more music...
This week we got a few picture books:
- Best loved tales from Beatrix Potter. Turns out my P doesn't know Beatrix Potter, seeing as he was pre-verbal the last time I read them to him. Must fix that.
- In our mothers' house, by Patricia Polacco. P's class is studying her, right after we accidentally read one of her books. So I got another.
- When lightning comes in a jar, Patricia Polacco. And another.
- When the library lights go out. I have no idea what this is about, but it seems to involve a library.
- Bobby Bramble loses his brain
- Sloppy Joe
- Sugar Would Not Eat It. P picked out these three; I didn't even see them.
- Transformers Armada. Battle for the mini-cons [videorecording]
- Transformers. Season two, volume one [videorecording]. This four DVD extravaganza may require him to take a leave of absence from school, but he assures me it is worth it.
- Poison Study by Maria Snyder. I've read this YA book about a girl forced to be the poison tester for a dubious king, and now my book club is reading it.
- Storm Glass by Maria Snyder. Fourth in the series, but the first is the best.