Since I have literally ten books waiting for reviews on my bedside table, I turned in almost nothing and now am over my age limit again. I guess that's incentive for me to actually start thinking about what I've read. I also kept out a few picture books that I'm pressing into kids' hands.
For the Cybils:
- Nerd Camp, Elissa Weissman, Middle Grade fiction
- The Trouble With Chickens, by Doreen Cronin, Early Chapter Book
- Requiem, Poems of the Terezin Ghetto, Paul Janeczko, poetry
- A Monster Calls, Patrick Ness, Fantasy & SF, Middle Grade.
- The Case of the Vanishing Golden Frog, Sandra Markle
Also two book club books:
- Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter, by Seth Grahame-Smith. I've successfully dodged the zombie book, but now my book club forces me to the vampire one.
- The Beekeeper's Apprentice, Laurie R. King. For the (postponed) book club. I've been listening to this but my sister prefers text. Hey, I just realized I have no idea where I put down my library's mp3 player. Oops. I'm sure it's somewhere very safe.
- The Friendship Doll
- Girl of Fire and Thorns
This brings me to a total of 50 items out on my card, which is too many. This was the wrong week to start counting ebooks! On the bright side, nothing is overdue and nothing looks like it will get overdue. I'm even keeping up with my ebooks. Everything fits neatly in my library bookshelf, although the Challenge section is looking intimidatingly stuffed. And of course there is the towering pile of review-real-soon-now that threatens to crush my reading light. I'll go share my Library Loot at the event co-hosted by Claire from the Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader, where all the library addicts compare their treasures.