Sunday, September 16, 2012

Seismic Shift

Renton Library
I'm moving my library day to Saturday. This is big news for me, since usually I like to exploit my stay-at-home status and avoid the crowds. But I also like to drag bring the kids with me to the library, and after-school events are now pervasive.

Sadly for me, as I make this transition I accidentally sorta went to the library three times this week, picking up a few extra books each time. Oops. Just when I had this reading thing under control, I overload again.

Ignoring all the extra trips, on Saturday I came home with four books from the hold shelves:
Image of itemImage of itemImage of itemImage of item

  • The Birthday Ball, Lois Lowry. From my TBR list. I like to keep a book and a spare around.
  • Master and Apprentice, Sonya Bateman. Sequel to a book I read last week.
  • The Magnificent 12: The Key, Michael Grant. 3rd in series popular with my kids, and enjoyed by me. I just bought one of Grant's YA books, which the 8th grader has been devouring.
  • Cyborg, Patricia, Frederick, & John McKissack. Sequel to a book I'm doing with my elementary book club.
I also got three CDs, chosen in haste without looking at the covers. I'll surprise myself in the car with them.

This left me with 52 items out on my card, a large step over my age. I grabbed a large stack of books for my geographic challenges, and I also got the next batch of my Reading My Library quest books in one of my sneak-trips. It's time to put myself back on a strict diet.

I'll go share my Library Loot at the event co-hosted by Claire from the Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader, where all the library addicts compare their treasures.

No comments: