I also pretty much stuck to my one-book-at-a-time experiment, which felt odd but probably sped up my page turning.
I'll go sign in at Book Journey's round-up of what people have read, are reading, and will read. I'm also heading for Teach Mentor Texts since I read many youthful books.
This week I read:
- The Avion My Uncle Flew, Cyrus Fisher. kidlit. An old Newberry Honor book about post-WW II France.
- Little White Duck, Na Liu. kidlit. A Cybils graphic novel about growing up in China.
- The Duchess War, Courney Milan. A romance about a duke and an unsuitable woman, with labor unrest.
- Giants Beware!, Jorge Aguirre. kidlit. A Cybils graphic novel about bold children with a plan.
- How to Save a Life, Sara Zarr. YA. A Best of the Best pick.
- Hilda and the Midnight Giant, Luke Pearson. kidlit. A Cybils graphic novel (see a pattern here? I got the whole nominee slate.)
- The Eye of the Warlock, P.W. Catanese. kidlit. Leftover from last summer.
- Redshirts, John Scalzi. SF. I finally read this! Standard Scalzi, but with codas.
- Redskin and Cowboy, G.A. Henty. kidlit. Last summer leftover, good problematic fun.
- Ender's World, ed. Orson Scott Card. Essays about Ender's Game.
- And All the Stars, Andrea K Host. YA. A Cybils fantasy pick. I'll give to X.
- Delusion in Death, J.D. Robb. SF. Standard in Death book.
- Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales: Big Bad Ironclad!, Nathan Hale. kidlit. Cybils graphic novel that isn't a novel because it's a narrative nonfiction.
- Shadow's Claim, Kresley Cole. SF. Romance. From Vaginal Fantasy book club. Last month's book. I'm always late, but youtube will wait for me.
- Throne of the Crescent Moon, Saladin Ahmed. SF. Good guys against evil magicians.
- Some of the Best From Tor.Com 2011. (NOOK) This is from my favorite review site.
- The Wake of the Lorelei Lee, L.A. Meyer (audio). The library called it home! I shall request it again, as my kid is now into it.
- Three Bedrooms, One Corpse, Charlaine Harris (audio). My replacement so I could have something to listen to in the car.
- Keep Me Forever, Rosemary Laurey. Dipper. Hmm, English village politics are complex.
- The Whys of a Philosophical Scrivener, Martin Gardner. Dipper. I like his thoughts on prayer.
- The Pickwick Papers, Charles Dickens. Dipper. More depressing lawyer stuff.
- Senrid, Sherwood Smith. Dipper. A rescue! But by the wrong guy?
- Abraham Lincoln: Prairie Years, Carl Sandburg. Congressman Abe misses his family.
- A Parent's Guide to Developmental Delays, Laurie Lecomer. Heading into sensory integration, another familiar topic.
- Cybils: 32/74. Finished middle grade graphic novels and one YA Fantasy. Ordered up all the NF picture books.
- Where Am I Reading?: 25. Nothing new. Snow Child will be in Alaska, though.
- Crazy Quilt Colors: 5/9. Need patterns, yellow, green, and brown. Any good brown books?
- Reading My Library: Not this week. But I've got one in the bag.
- Best of the Best 2012: 41/25. Finished How to Save a Life but my audio book had to go back to the library.
- Summer Reading Goal: Ha! Now I'm all set for another book-a-day plan.
- 48 Hour Reading Challenge! Finished seven books, with an eighth done a few minutes after the final whistle. Had a great time, although I missed my boys.