Friday, March 7, 2014

Marching Into the Library!

Image of Renton
badge-4I've been slacking on the library posts lately, but I still go every week. Which is still a bad idea, but I guess there are worse vices.

On this trip to the library I got to teach someone to use to automatic return machine. She was complaining that it always rejected her books, and I pointed out that she was carefully lifting them OVER the laser-beam-thingy that read the bar codes, so she adjusted her technique and learned to welcome our new robot overlords  protectors. So I felt all good-Samaritan-y.

Because I am still successfully on the Triple Dog Dare I only checked out things from the hold shelf, although I did browse through a few picture books.

First I got the entire list of Cybils Early Chapter Book Finalists:



Home Sweet Horror (Scary Tales) James Preller





And then a few other things that had shown up as well:
The City of EmberThe City of EmberMrs. Pollifax on the China Station
The City of Ember, Jeanne DuPrau. This month's Sword & Laser Kids pick.
The City of Ember: The Graphic Novel, Dallas Middaugh,
Mrs. Pollifax on the China Station, Dorothy Gilman. Next in the series.
The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax, Dorothy Gilman (audio). I got this because my current audio book has traumatized me so badly I need something soothing and gentle. This tale of the international superspy Mrs. Pollifax should do nicely.

Last week I got a handful of Odysseys for my teenaged son, since he had expressed an interested so I figured why not let him choose from a variety of translations. I also got:
The Night CircusTheodosia and the Eyes of Horus
The Night Circus, Erin Morganstern. This is my next Best of the Best read; it was an Alex Award.
Theodosia and the Eyes of Horos, R.L. La Fevers. The next book from my TBR list, after I finish Georges.

Finally, the library gave me some stuff for my e-reader NOOK:
Undead and Unwed GeorgesThe Darkest KissGoddess of Spring

Georges, Alexandre Dumas. This is the oldest book on my TBR list.
Undead and Unwed, MaryJanice Davidson. This is the alt pick for last months Vaginal Fantasies.
The Darkest Kiss, Gena Showalter. This month's Vaginal Fantasies' pick.
Goddess of Spring, P.C. Cast. The other pick for March Vaginal Fantasy.

This means I now have 48 things out on my library cards, including ebooks. Which includes about eight copies of The Odyssey in various formats, so I think I'll give myself a pass even though I'm technically only supposed to go up to 45 things. I'll go share my Library Loot at the event co-hosted by Claire from the Captive Reader and Linda from Silly Little Mischief where all the library addicts compare their treasures.

Book credits banked: Eight (Usually I reward myself by buying a book if my library total is less than my age, but since I can't actually buy anything right now I'm counting up these credits.)

No comments: