Friday, March 21, 2014

Stay On Target...

Image of Renton
badge-4There are only 10 days left in the Triple Dog Dare -- a Dare that I avoid acquiring books just because they look tasty.

I have never come so close to making the dare. This is getting intense. I saw many books at the library that I want -- the Quick Pick shelves seemed to be stocked with me in mind. But I heroically drooled and then left. Of course, I left by the hold shelf, since I had several Cybils picks to gather up. Thank goodness for Challenge Exemptions.

(The links for Cybils books go to the Cybils-Amazon page, rather than the library page, so you can support them if you want. And if I got the link right.)

Cybils books -- 4 Middle Grade Graphic Novels:
SquishBlufftonMarchMonster on the Hill

Squish: Game On, Jennifer Holm
Bluffton, Matt Phelan
March, Book One, John Lewis
Monster On the Hill, Rob Harrell

One Poetry, and one Middle Grade Speculative Fiction:
Pug and Other Animal PoemsThe Screaming Staircase
Pug and Other Animal Poems, Valerie Worth
Lockwood & Co: The Screaming Staircase, Jonathan Stroud

This means I now have 43 things out on my library cards, including ebooks. I'll go share my Library Loot at the event co-hosted by Claire from the Captive Reader and Linda from Silly Little Mischief where all the library addicts compare their treasures.

Book credits banked: Ten (Usually I reward myself by buying a book if my library total is less than my age, but since I can't actually buy anything right now I'm counting up these credits.)

No comments: