Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Done Did The Dare!

TBR Final Dare
UPDATE: 4/1/16

I MADE IT!

April has begun, and I made it all the way here without reading anything new since January. I've learned a few things:

1) I need to restrain my library habit. I had way too many books out, and it means I don't get a chance to read the stuff on my shelves.
2) Having a reading-loving son really helps. I got several cool books in the mail, and even bought a few, but it was much easier to withstand the temptation to buy them when I could hand them to someone else to read for me.
3) This is a terrible time of year for the dare. I'm trying to get through Cybils books, I'm filling out a Hugo nomination ballet, and Patricia Briggs seems to release in March most years. I'm going to more this dare to the end of the year (since it won't be officially hosted any more), and that will give me a chance to clear stuff up. It's all challenge reading back then anyway.

My final results:

Library Books:
  1. Twin Spica 4, Kou Yagimuma
  2. Silver City, Cliff McNish
  3. Moomin's Winter Follies, Tove Janssen
  4. Songs of Willow Frost, Jamie Ford
  5. The Eighth Day, Dianne Salerni
  6. Dick Francis's Refusal, Felix Francis
  7. The Gospel of Loki, Joanne Harris
  8. Dreaming Spies, Laurie R. King
  9. The Heist, Janet Evanovich & Lee Goldberg
  10. Rain Is Not My Indian Name, Cynthia Leitich Smith
  11. Tarzan Alive, Philip Jose Farmer
  12. An Apprentice to Elves, Sarah Monette, Elizabeth Bear 
  13. The Veil, Chloe Neill
  14. A Bride's Story 6, Kaoru Mori
  15. Zero to Five, Tracy Cutchlow
  16. Dead But Not Forgotten, ed: Charlaine Harris, Toni Kelner
  17. Between Planets, Robert Heinlein (audio)
  18. Kat, Incorrigible, Stephanie Burgis 
  19. Canadian Summer, Hilda van Stockum
  20. Blue Lily, Lily Blue Maggie Stiefvater
  21. Time and Again, Nora Roberts
  22. A Family of Readers, Roger Sutton & Martha Parravano
  23. Time and Again, Jack Finney
  24. Imperfect Sword, Jack Campbell
  25. 100 Best Books for Children, Anita Silvey
  26. No Vulgar Hotel, Judith Martin
  27. Only a Kiss, Mary Balogh
  28. The Kentucky Cycle, Robert Schenkken
  29. Venus on the Half-Shell, Philip Jose Farmer
  30. Radiance, Catherynne Valente
  31. The Spies of Mississippi, Rick Bowers
  32. Not Always a Saint, Mary Jo Putney

My Books
  1. I Lived on Butterfly Hill, Marjorie Agosin
  2. The October Country, Ray Bradbury
  3. Waiting For the Party, Ann Thwaite
  4. Cyrano de Bergerac, Edmond Rostand (Hooker translation)
  5. Parallax, Alan Hirshfeld
  6. Rob Roy, Sir Walter Scott
  7. The Book Thief, Markus Zusak

My E-Books
  1. Laura's Wolf, Lia Silver
  2. Prisoner, Lia Silver 
  3. Mercenary Instincts, Ruby Lionsdrake
  4. A Stranger's Gift, Anna Schmidt
  5. Republic, Lindsay Buroker


No comments: