Friday, April 1, 2016

Last Day of Restraint!

badge-4This Triple Dog Dare has ended! But not in time for yesterday's library trip, so I didn't check much out.

Well, I got three things, which I guess should be a good weeks reading, but that's only if you have a clear understanding of temporal issues, which I prefer to avoid.

I got:
Twin SpicaThe Fifth SeasonUnnatural Causes (Adam Dalg...
Twin Spica 7, Kou Yagihuma. I like my policy of actually finishing a manga series. Now that I'm down to one (I caught up to Bride's Story) maybe I'll try to keep at a single manga at a time.

The Fifth Season, N.K. Jemisin. The next Sword and Laser pick. Actually this is officially the alt pick -- they let the April book go to a vote, and there was a tie! But the other book has more of a hold backlog, and anyway I know I like Jeminin's stuff.

Unnatural Causes, P.D. James (audio). Hild is about a week away from being over, so I thought I'd get my next Library Quest audio ready. I'm pretty sure I've read this before, but I like James's mysteries, especially the Dalgiesh ones, and anyway I prefer rereads for my audio pleasure. (The picture is wrong, because my library didn't have a thumbnail.)

I've currently got 24 things out from the library, including ebooks, books for me, and books for the kids (at least four). This seems both astonishingly low and probably about right to me. I have several Cybils waiting, a full complement of Library Quest books, a book club book or three, several books for the kids (some that I've finished but hope they try), and a small handful of pleasure reads.

I'll go look at the Library Loot which is at The Captive Reader this week to see what everyone else is getting.  (Hmm, new one not up yet) Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Linda from Silly Little Mischief that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. 

Library Questing


I'm still reading Airtight by David Rosenfelt. I'll probably finish this this weekend -- and about time!

Hild by Nicola Griffith continues to be a great story in my car. It's nineteen disks long and I'm on #16, so I've got maybe another week or so. Unnatural Causes will be next.

No comments: