I spent almost all my time reading, with occasional short breaks to check other blogs; no reviewing at all this year. My currently reading pile is a much more reasonable 11 now, so I knocked out a lot of the books I've been carrying around for weeks.
Finals numbers, possibly right:
Beth, aka Mom, aka me:
- Time: 26 hours 30 minutes
- 15 books finished - an asterix means I started them before the weekend: Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter*, Axe Cop, The Notorious Benedict Arnold, Young Fredle (audio)*, Galacterian Legacy*, Scorpio Races*, Angelfall*, Wheels of Change, The Zodiac Killer, Bunheads*, The Same Stuff as Stars*, The Returning, A View of the Ocean, Drama City, The Great Wall of Lucy Wu,
- Books still incomplete: Infamous Scribblers, Ring of Solomon (audio), The Dark Knight Returns
Alexander, aka Xan, aka 7th grader:
- Time: 12 hours
- 3 books finished: Twenty Palaces*, Axe Cop, Syren
- Books still incomplete: Ring of Solomon (audio), Return of the Dark Knight, Darke, Angelfall
P, aka 5th grader:
- Time: 5 hours 20 minutes
- 1 book finished: Axe Cop*
- Books still incomplete: The Red Pyramid
I said I'd pledge $1/hr, plus $5/book finished, plus $1/comment. I got nine comments (actually quite a lot for me), we read 44 hours (slight round up), and finished 19 books. That finished count makes me a bit glad I put a cap on my donation, so I'm sending $100 to RIF and the elementary school library. I was trying to encourage myself to actually finish some books, but it sure pushed up my meter quickly.
Thanks to MotherReader for organizing the fun weekend, thanks to the people who dropped by my blog to support me, thanks to my kids for reading along and also not asking too much of me during this weekend, and especially thanks to my sister who made dinner for us on Saturday and Sunday and also provided general parenting support while I was buried under piles of books. (I still have about twenty books lying around in case I wanted to read them.)