This week P came along as my escort since I wanted to limit myself to the hold list, and he also signed up for the Summer Reading Program. Poor X has aged out of it, but we got him a minute tracker even though he's ineligible for prizes. It should be helpful this weekend at any rate. By the way, lady who sat and browsed the ebooks on the computer colofullly decorated as Summer Reading Signup, please do not look surprised and disdainful when you become surrounded by children waiting to apply, because it makes you look like a jerk.
What did I get?
- Wheels of Change: How Women Rode the Bicycle to Freedom (With a Few Flat Tires Along the Way), Sue Macy. A Best of the Best nonfiction choice, I think this will be a nice amuse brioce between thicker volumes.
- The Zodiak Killer, Brenda Haugen. Another short nonfiction Best of the Best-ee.
- Tripping, Heather Waldorf. I liked the title and cover of this Best of the Best selection.
- In Zanesville, Jo Ann Beard. Another good title/cover from Best of the Best.
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Laini Taylor. Another Best of the Best listee, this is a book I've had on my TBR list for about a year now.
- Okay For Now, Gary D. Schmidt. (audio) I've finished Beauty Queens, P and I are almost done with Young Fredle, so I need a back-up audio for the car. A Best of the Best pick, but I think it's unlikely I finish this one by the end of the month.
- Tigana, Guy Gavriel Kay. I've been meaning to read this for as long as I can remember, so Sword and Laser's selection pushed me over the edge.
- Kushiel's Dart, Jacquiline Carey. I think the last time I tried to read this I was squicked by the non-vanilla sex. Let's see if the prospect of hearing Felicia Day discuss this gets me over that hump. (heh heh)
- A View of the Ocean, Jan de Hartog. The next selection on my TBR list; I have no idea what prompted me to add this book, but I'll have to trust past me on this.
This brings me to a total of um, 64 items out on my card, plus a few ebooks that I'm in denial about. The good news is that this is not higher than last week! The bad news is that it isn't lower, either. Oops. So no prize for me this week. Sigh.