Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Belated Library Haul: Pit of Despair


I've given up reading anything but book club and library books, and have frozen as many holds as possible. I'm really trying to get my library books down to a sane level. I've even put aside books that I started and disliked! Amazing. I'm not posting much because I'm frantically shuffling books around, which doesn't always translate into effective reading....

Last Thursday the hold shelf pushed onto me:
  • Attack of the Tagger (Shredderman 2). I shall pretend this is for the children.
  • Son of the Mob: Hollywood Hustle. It's the second of two -- reading the first doesn't give closure!
I then browsed the picture books, and accepted a few offerings from the children, and a few picture books from the recommended lists. And some music for the car. This is all last week's stuff; I haven't the heart to itemize because I'm getting more tomorrow.

Total Books from Library Elf (counting all the kid stuff that I'm legally responsible for even if I hope not to read it): 105. Stuff on my card: 87. Which includes one lost book, which the boys will be raiding their piggy banks to pay for tomorrow. A Sonic monstrosity, so I don't feel too bad for humanity.

I'm skipping Library Loot for last week, since I'll hopefully be signing up tomorrow for this week.

No comments: