Friday, June 10, 2011

Dead or Canadian: Evolve

Remember the good old days, when the weather was better and we all played wholesome, character-building games along with our favorite disk-jockeys?  Like "Dead or Canadian"?  Today's kids just don't know what they are missing.  Also, they should get off my lawn.

I grabbed Nancy Kilpatrick's Evolve: Vampire Stories of the New Undead from the library because I'm a big Tanya Huff (Canadian) fan and I really like her stories about Henry Fitzpatrick, vampire and romance writer.  Her story was the last one in this set, and it was fine, although it was about some of his friends, not him. But the book is a collection of Canadian authors, so it felt very exotic and mysterious to me.  Most stories were very short, so even the dull ones didn't drag too much, and either had a fun twist or a good world-building idea.  And of course, I got to play an old childhood game with exuberance -- "BOTH" I'd chortle when I spotted the vampire in each selection.

No comments: